How much is my case worth? The value of your case depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- the full extent of your injury,
- the duration of your active medical treatment,
- the long-term effects of your injury,
- your ability to return to work,
- if you are partially responsible for the accident,
- if you’ve ever had a similar type of injury to the same area of your body,
- and other factors.
At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, our personal injury lawyers will review the details of your case, so you can get compensated for everything you’ve had to experience through no fault of your own. Call us today at (800) 577-5188, or fill out our free online form.
- How much do you charge? Our Boston personal injury lawyers are backed by the Stone Cold Guarantee®. That means you don’t owe Jason Stone Injury Lawyers any attorney fees unless we get money for you. We believe that all people should have access to legal representation regardless of their ability to pay. And remember, the initial case evaluation is always free—that’s the Stone Cold Guarantee®.
- How long will my case take? It’s hard to know how long your case will take without first knowing the severity of your injury. Having a doctor’s opinion can help us know when you’re ready to begin the recovery process. Once you have fully recovered (or a doctor has determined that your injuries are permanent) our attorneys can begin trying to resolve your case.When we’ve collected the facts of your case, we can send a demand letter—or written request for a monetary settlement—to the insurance company. Negotiations with the insurance company can take time, but you can count on our legal team to do our best to get your case resolved for as much money as possible, as soon as possible.
- Can I still get money for an accident from a few years ago? In Massachusetts, if you are an adult and were injured in an accident where another person could be potentially negligent—or at fault—you have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you were under age 18 when you were injured, you have three years from the day of your 18th birthday to file a legal claim. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations.
How can a lawyer help with my case? At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, we have a reputation for providing our clients with aggressive, compassionate, persistent representation. When you come to us, we’ll help you:
- Get medical treatment. If you’re injured, your health should be your first priority. Getting medical treatment helps ensure your injuries don’t get worse and also helps prove the extent of your injuries to the insurance company. Throughout your recovery, we’ll be in touch with you and your doctors to help make sure you get the treatment you need.
- Evaluate your claim. After your injuries have been treated and the doctor determines whether your injuries were caused by the accident, our legal team will gather your medical records and bills, evidence of lost wages, and other items to determine the amount of compensation you’re owed. We’ll then prepare a settlement demand letter—or a summary of your injuries and expenses—to send to the insurance company.
- Negotiate your settlement. When the insurance company receives your settlement demand package, they will reply to the lawyer assigned to your case with a settlement offer. The lawyer assigned to your case will review the offer and other aspects of your case with Jason Stone, and begin negotiations. Every offer received will be reviewed with you to make sure you’re satisfied. If it’s too low, we will keep fighting for the money you need to move on from your accident—even if it means taking the people involved in the accident and their insurance company to court.
- Resolve your claim. When we receive a settlement offer we think is fair from the insurance company, we’ll notify you immediately. If you agree, terrific. If not, we’ll keep fighting. Once we have your approval, we’ll send you a settlement release which, once signed, will be returned to the insurance company so it can process the settlement check. We will receive the check at our office, deposit it into our IOLTA (client) account and provide you with the funds as soon as the funds clear. We’ll also finalize any issues with your health insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid, and notify you of any outstanding doctor’s liens related to your case.
At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, we work for people like you, and we care about getting you as much money as possible, as quickly as possible, all while keeping you informed about the status of your case, so you can focus on getting better.
Get your FREE Immediate Case Evaluation