Fighting Against Drunk Driving
We work with M.A.D.D. to support the heroes who keep our roads safe; require convicted drunk drivers to use ignition interlock devices; help secure the future with advanced technology; help parents start talking with their teens about alcohol.
- On average, two out of three people will be impacted by drunk driving in their lifetime.
- Every 2 minutes, someone is injured in a drunk driving crash.
- Every day 28 people are killed by drunk driving.
With over 350,000 lives saved and over 820,000 victims served, funds raised through Walk Like MADD events allow MADD staff and volunteers:
- Provide emotional support and assistance with medical and legal struggles that follow a drunk driving crash
- Support the heroes in law enforcement who work to keep our roads safe
- Work with state and local legislators to adopt tougher laws, including requiring ignition interlocks for all DUI offenders, and closing the loopholes in many existing laws
- Support the development of technology to determine automatically whether or not the driver is above the legal limit of .08 and failing to operate if the driver is drunk
- Give us a call to Start a Walk Like MADD event in your community