Fighting Against Drunk Driving
With over 350,000 lives saved and over 820,000 victims served, funds raised through Walk Like MADD events allow MADD staff and volunteers:
- Provide emotional support and assistance with medical and legal struggles that follow a drunk driving crash
- Support the heroes in law enforcement who work to keep our roads safe
- Work with state and local legislators to adopt tougher laws, including requiring ignition interlocks for all DUI offenders, and closing the loopholes in many existing laws
- Support the development of technology to determine automatically whether or not the driver is above the legal limit of .08 and failing to operate if the driver is drunk
- Give us a call to Start a Walk Like MADD event in your community
We work with M.A.D.D. to support the heroes who keep our roads safe; require convicted drunk drivers to use ignition interlock devices; help secure the future with advanced technology; help parents start talking with their teens about alcohol.
- On average, two out of three people will be impacted by drunk driving in their lifetime.
- Every 2 minutes, someone is injured in a drunk driving crash.
- Every day 28 people are killed by drunk driving.