Visiting a Dick’s Sporting Goods is often the starting place of good family fun. Whether it’s a camping or fishing trip, outfitting a child for baseball season, or purchasing a pair of running shoes for dad, a trip to Dick’s can be part of maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle. When shopping is interrupted by a slip and fall accident, the fun is over, and often long term health consequences begin.
Slip and fall accidents can be due to the negligence of a business owner, manager, or store employee. In cases of negligence, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and losses. If you or a family member have been involved in a slip and fall accident, contact Jason Stone Injury Lawyers for valuable information regarding receiving financial compensation for your case. At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers you are covered by our Stone Cold Guarantee, that in part, includes an initial “There’s No Obligation, Just Information ®” at absolutely no charge to you. Call Jason Stone Injury Lawyers at (800) 577-5811 for help receiving compensation for injuries caused by a fall at Dick’s Sporting Goods.
How Slip and Fall Accidents Commonly Occur in Dick’s Sporting Goods
Dick’s Sporting Goods offers a huge variety of merchandise. From fishing rods, to swim suits, to soccer balls, and everything in between, Dick’s has you and your family covered. Unfortunately, the expansive square footage, large inventory, and energetic shoppers can create potential hazards that may cause you to fall and suffer an injury. Some common hazards include:
- Improperly stored inventory: Items displayed on top racks, hanging from the ceiling, or dangerously stacked can create a serious tripping hazard for children and adult shoppers alike.
- Spilled drinks and food: Customers may carry drinks or food into a Dick’s Sporting Goods to enjoy while they browse. Spilled liquids and food may go unnoticed by inattentive employees and cause a customer to slip and fall.
- Accumulated snow or ice: Parking lots, sidewalks and entryways should be cleared of all weather related hazards. Salt should be applied to icy areas and customers warned if a dangerous condition exists. Failure to maintain a safe exterior for customers can lead to serious injury.
- Uneven rugs or doormats: Frayed, overlapping, or uneven door mats are a serious tripping hazard. It is the store’s responsibility to make timely repairs or replacements before the hazard causes an accident.
What To Do After A Slip and Fall Accident
If you are the unfortunate victim of a slip and fall accident at or around a Dick’s Sporting Goods store, the first priority is to get the medical help you need. Even if you feel the accident wasn’t serious, prompt medical attention can prevent hidden injuries from getting worse and help you recover faster. Having prompt medical attention also provides critical documentation of the accident and the injuries it caused. This documentation is important evidence to prove liability and damages if you should choose to hold the business accountable for their negligence.
Other important steps to take after an accident include:
- Make an official written report to the store manager and be sure to retain a copy for your records
- Document the fall with photos and video if possible
- Get the names and contact information from by-standers and eyewitnesses who can corroborate what happened
- Contact a slip and fall personal injury lawyer as soon as possible about your claim
Jason Stone Injury Lawyers is a law firm dedicated to protecting the rights of accident victims. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, call Jason Stone Injury Lawyers as soon as possible. Filing deadlines, statute of limitations and other restrictions could limit your ability to seek compensation. Call today at (800) 577-5188
Benefits of Hiring a Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer
The days and weeks after a slip and fall accident can be filled with physical pain and emotional stress. With medical bills piling up, and time missed from work, the financial burden can be crushing. If you have been injured due to the negligence of a business owner, a lawyer can help you seek compensation for your losses.
Your lawyer can file all forms and documents required to start the claims process with the time allowed by law. In addition, having legal representation allows you to recover from the accident while they gather all the medical evidence needed to prove your case.
Accident victims without an attorney are often pressured by insurance companies to agree to a settlement quickly and for far less than what their claim is actually worth. Your lawyer will stand up to insurance company bully tactics on your behalf and fight for the money you deserve. If a successful settlement cannot be negotiated, your attorney will represent you in court.
You don’t have to fight alone. Jason Stone Injury Lawyers has the resources necessary to withstand high pressure insurance companies and will take your case to court if necessary, to get the settlement you deserve. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call (800) 577-5188
Common Damages Awarded in Slip and Fall Injury Cases
An attorney has the experience necessary to look at the details of your case and determine its monetary value. Compensation amounts depend on the severity of the injury, the long-term prognosis and actually losses you suffered as a result. Common damages include:
- Diminished or lost future income
- All medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Projected future medical costs
- Pain and suffering
Consulting with an attorney as soon as possible after a slip and fall accident is the best way to estimate what your case is worth. An experienced lawyer can sort through the evidence and identify losses that you may have not thought of. Having a lawyer greatly increases your odds of collecting a fair settlement.
Jason Stone Injury Lawyers is a law firm dedicated to making your claims experience as positive as possible. The Stone Cold Guarantee ® offered by Jason Stone Injury Lawyers ensures that you don’t pay anything until we win your case. We will fight to prevent insurance companies from taking advantage of you. Call Jason Stone Injury Lawyers for help today. (800) 577-5188