Of all the injuries that can occur in a retail setting, statistics show that slip and fall accidents are the most common. If you have suffered an injury from a slip and fall accident that was due to negligence, while visiting BJ’s Wholesale Club, compensation may be available for your losses. To learn more about premises liability and how it affects your case, contact Jason Stone Injury Lawyers today at (800) 577-5188. The initial consultation is free and you don’t pay until we settle your case. The sooner you call the sooner we can get started on your claim and the closer you will be to receiving a settlement.
Top Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents at BJ’s Wholesale Club
BJ’s Wholesale Club stores are very popular and very large. Measuring between 72,000 and 113,000 square feet of warehouse space, Bj’s management has an enormous amount of store space that they are legally required to monitor and keep hazard free. Unfortunately, mistakes are made, negligence occurs, and often the shopper pays the price by suffering a slip and fall accident. Common causes of accidents at BJ’s include:
- Failure to train employees about safe practices
- Reckless use of warehouse machinery such as forklifts etc.
- Improper inventory storage
- Accumulated snow or ice in the parking lot or store entryway
- Liquid spills that aren’t cleaned in a timely manner
- Curled, ripped or uneven mats or rugs at entrances and exits
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
A slip and fall accident can cause a variety of injuries, some minor and some more serious. Tragically, slip and fall accidents can even result in someone losing their life. Examples of injuries caused by a slip and fall accident are listed below.
- Damage to internal organs
- Concussion/Loss of consciousness
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury/paralysis
- Broken bones: hip, wrist and arm
- Ankle sprains or strains
- Pulled muscles or tears
- Ligament damage
What To Do After A Slip and Fall Accident at BJ’s
The most important thing to do immediately following an accident is to get medical care. In addition, it is important to document the events leading up to the fall, what exactly happened, and to identify what you believed caused the fall. Obtaining evidence to prove your case is critical to being fairly compensated for your injuries. Evidence that will help prove your case includes:
- Photos or video of the accident scene
- Police and accident reports
- Witness statements and testimony
- Doctor’s notes showing the extent of your injuries
The moments following an accident can be chaotic and stressful, make sure your medical needs are being attended to and ask for help from friends and others to gather documentation.
Why It May Benefit You to Hire a Lawyer for Your Case
Filing a personal injury lawsuit can be complicated and difficult, particularly when you are up against a large company. Insurance companies for businesses can be aggressive and more likely to bully a victim into accepting a low-ball offer when that victim has no lawyer to represent them. An injury lawyer familiar with slip and fall accidents at BJ’s, can handle the insurance company negotiations for you, shielding you from the stress and pressure and allowing you to focus on healing.
Your lawyer will use all the documentation, as well as additional investigation to prove your case.
Proving Negligence: The Key To A Winning Case
In order for a slip and fall claim to be successful, you must be able to prove that BJ’s, it’s staff and or management, failed to provide a safe shopping environment. The four elements involved in a negligence claim include the following:
- Duty: A business has a legal duty to maintain safe premises.
- Breach of Duty: A business, it’s management or employees have failed their duty of safety, by either creating an unsafe situation or failing to correct a hazard. This could also include failing to train employees.
- Causation: This breach of duty was directly responsible for an accident, such as a slip and fall.
- Losses: The accident caused by a breach of duty caused actual real injury with physical and financial damages.
Basic negligence laws are consistent generally, but specific states may have other considerations, such as assigning partial-fault etc. An injury attorney for slip and fall accidents at BJ’s Wholesale Club can answer specific questions about your case and give state specific legal advice.
Jason Stone Injury Lawyers is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions about your slip and fall injury claim. Call (800) 577-5188 for more information.
Slip and Fall Accident Compensation
Slip and fall accidents can have long lasting negative consequences, and you deserve compensation for all areas of your life that have been damaged. A personal injury attorney can evaluate your case and help you determine the types of damages you are eligible to seek, as well as, the total dollar amount your case is worth. Common damages sought in a BJ’s slip and fall claim include:
- Medical Expenses
- Future Medical Costs
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Expenses
- Lost Wages During Recovery
- Future Earnings Damages
- Wrongful Death Compensation
Contact Jason Stone Injury Lawyers For Help With Your Claim
The team at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers will immediately go to work processing and filing your claim. Let Jason Stone Injury Lawyers handle the paperwork and stressful negotiations so you can rest easy and focus on your recovery. If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident at BJ’s Wholesale, we can help you. Contact us today at (800) 577-5188 to schedule your free evaluation. Don’t pay for someone else’s negligence, let Jason Stone Injury Lawyers help you settle your case.