Personal Injury Attorneys in Peabody, Massachusetts
At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, our Peabody, Massachusetts personal injury attorneys are dedicated to providing experienced legal representation for those who have been victimized by negligence. We will put a three-person legal team on your case who will take the time to get to know you and fully understand the details of your claim. We will work tirelessly to provide the best outcome possible for your unique case.
You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us today at (800) 577-5188 to schedule your free case review if you need legal help after a loss or personal injury.
GET YOUR FREE IMMEDIATE CASE EVALUATION
Injured? We’ve Got Your Back
Injury and loss resulting from negligence can take many different forms, and another person’s careless or reckless actions can cause you to suffer serious injuries in many ways. If you believe you may have a valid personal injury claim, let us review your situation and offer legal help.
Some of the most common personal injury accident types we handle include the following.
A car accident happens in seconds. Recovery, though, can take years. If you were injured in a car accident, you are entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, out of pocket expenses, and pain and suffering damages. We want to help you recover as quickly and stress-free as possible.
Motorcyclists have the same rights as drivers, but because of the relative lack of protection with a motorcycle, these types of collisions are more likely to result in serious injuries and death than car accidents. If you or your loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, our firm can help you recover any damages you may be entitled to.
Vehicles are supposed to yield to crossing pedestrians, but accidents still do happen. A pedestrian accident can result in very serious injury and even death. Jason Stone Injury Lawyers will make sure you are fairly compensated for your pain and suffering.
Slip and fall cases involve injuries that happened due to a preventable hazard on someone else’s premises. Contact us if you have experienced a slip and fall accident due to the negligent action or inaction of a property owner. We will assist you in acquiring compensation for damages due to your injury.
Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are some of the most difficult injuries to deal with both financially and emotionally due to their severity. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a TBI, let us help you get the fair compensation that you deserve.
Based on their size, a truck accident can easily cause devastating injuries. There are specific federal rules that apply to truck accidents. We understand the laws and how to pursue them. Let us help you recover from such a catastrophic accident by assisting you to obtain just compensation.
Although they are very popular, the safety of hoverboards has come into question recently after several serious injuries and incidents where these self-balancing skateboards have spontaneously exploded or caught fire. Don’t hesitate to explore your legal rights if you or a loved one were injured in a hoverboard-related incident.
Accidents involving buses, trains, and subways operated by the MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority) can be extremely complicated. Make sure you protect your rights if you were injured in an accident involving the MBTA by contacting Jason Stone Injury Lawyers.
DRUGS AND DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
We rely daily on various products to help make our lives easier, more convenient, and safer. Sadly, despite manufacturing and distributing regulations, defective products still find their way onto the consumer market. When manufacturers put their profits ahead of the public’s safety, they should be held responsible. If you have been harmed by a defective product, whether it was a medical product or device, children’s toy, tool, or other product, our defective product lawyers have the experience needed to confront the organization that caused your injury and to see to it that you receive proper compensation for damages.
With more and more people finding ways to use drones, whether for personal or business use, the number of injuries caused by drones has increased. If you have been injured, sustained personal property damage, or experienced a privacy violation due to a drone, we are here to assist you in pursuing your legal rights.
When we are prescribed a medication, we expect that it will successfully treat our health issues, but unfortunately, not all prescription pharmaceuticals are safe or prescribed correctly. If you or your loved one has suffered harm due to a prescription drug, you should explore your legal options. We are here to help you stand up to the big drug company that caused you harm.
Construction sites present dangerous conditions for both the workers and people passing by. If you or a loved one were involved in a construction site accident involving hazardous conditions such as electrical accidents, crane accidents, roof falls, falling objects, or other such types of accidents, contact us to understand your rights. In most cases, contacting a construction site accident lawyer is the best course of action to ensure that you receive the full and fair compensation that you deserve.
If you were injured on the job or diagnosed with an illness that you believe is work-related, you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits can cover your medical expenses and compensate you for lost wages. Let us help you with the complicated process of filing your workers’ compensation claim so that you can receive the benefits you are entitled to.
Have you been diagnosed with a disabling illness or injury that leaves you unable to work to make a living? You may be eligible for financial assistance through the Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits program. Many people, though, who have medically diagnosed conditions and try to obtain SSD benefits, find out that acquiring benefits is a prolonged, challenging process. Our law firm is here to help you navigate the process to get the benefits that you need.
As a veteran who served your country, you never thought you would have to hire a veterans benefits lawyer to receive your deserved benefits. Unfortunately, the VA denies many claims. If your claim for veteran’s benefits has been denied, Jason Stone Injury Lawyers are ready to help you.
There is a duty that all doctors are responsible for upholding according to the Hippocratic Oath to “do no harm.” Regrettably, there are instances when a healthcare provider might hurt a patient. Medical errors can be devastating for patients. Our firm is committed to holding the doctor, nurse, or other medical professional responsible and to assist you in recovering legally with just compensation.
Victims’ damages can be catastrophic — or even fatal.
When you entrust your loved one to the care of a nursing home or assisted living facility, you rely on the staff to provide them with competent and dignified care. Sad to say, not all nursing homes take care of their residents as they should. When doctors, nurses, and other staff members act negligently, they should be held responsible and not be allowed to continue to mistreat others. We are here to help if you think your loved one is being neglected or abused.
OTHER COMMON CASES
Preventable death is a terrible nightmare. While we can never undo the tremendous loss that you suffered, we want to try to help ease the pain by holding the responsible parties accountable and getting you justice.
If you have experienced a sudden, unexpected, and dramatic rise in your life insurance premiums, you may be a victim of life insurance fraud. Our attorneys will review your policy and ensure that you are not exploited.
Dog owners have a responsibility to keep others reasonably safe from their dogs. If you or a loved one was attacked or bitten by a dog, resulting in serious physical and emotional injuries, we want to aid you in receiving the compensation for pain and suffering that you have a right to.
Eleven Things Insurance Companies Do That Should Scare You
After your injury, you may receive a call from the insurance company of the party responsible for the incident. The representative may seem friendly, but their company does not have your best interests in mind and may try to take advantage of you.
Here are eleven ways insurance companies may try to take advantage of you.
Never enter into negotiations with an insurance company unarmed – protect your rights by letting an experienced attorney work for you to recover the compensation to which you’re entitled.
Requiring you to get an Independent Medical Examination (IME)
- This means that the insurance company requires that a second physician confirm that your injuries are as bad as you claim. If your adjuster sets up an IME for you, it will almost certainly be with a doctor who works for the insurance company. This means that it is in this doctors interest to try to minimize your injuries and undermine your claim. There are ways to protect your rights during and after an IME. Never submit to one without first speaking to an attorney.
Requiring you to take an Examination Under Oath (EUO)
- During this process, you will be sworn under oath and the insurance company’s attorney may ask you any question at all that they feel is relevant to the case. The purpose of these questions may not be clear to you, but they are often designed to find holes in your claim. During an EUO, you may not plead the fifth, declining to respond, and your own attorney is not allowed to object to any of the questions. If you are asked by the insurance company to participate in an EUO, contact your attorney immediately.
Limiting the amount of money offered for specialty prescription drugs you needed to take after your injury
- While insurance frequently covers medical expenses, including prescription drugs, insurance companies are notorious for being stingy when it comes to covering specialty drugs. If you are prescribed a drug that has just hit the market, a biological drug (one made from living organisms like cells or tissue), or a drug that has no generic alternative, your insurance company may refuse to provide full coverage. The catch with most specialty prescription drugs is that they are prohibitively expensive–these drugs can costs thousands of dollars per month. Due to the high cost, insurance companies often try to limit coverage to protect their bottom line from being eaten away by the costs of these prescriptions. Because of this, it’s important to factor the costs of these drugs into your settlement offer.
Limiting the amount awarded to you for Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance, which covers medical bills and lost wages
- PIP insurance is a mandatory form of insurance coverage that generally comes into play when you have been injured in a no-fault state. This coverage is supposed to pay for medical bills and lost income following your car crash. If your insurance company offers you less than the full amount that you incurred in medical bills and lost wages, don’t sign anything before first consulting with your attorney. Once you sign a settlement agreement with your insurance company, there is no going back for more money to cover the difference.
Failing to provide you with any compensation for lost wages in the settlement offer
- If your car’s insurance policy covers lost wages, you are entitled to compensation for the income from time off work while you were recovering from your injuries. Insurance companies love to prey on victims who aren’t aware that they are entitled to these wages when extending an initial settlement offer. If you contribute substantially to your household income, or are the sole provider for your family, being compensated for your time out of work can be critical to your well-being.
Not giving you access to MedPay, which covers medical costs resulting from a car crash
- MedPay is an optional coverage that is offered by most auto-insurance carriers and acts to cover the medical expenses that you or your passengers incurred after your crash. This form of insurance does have a cap, which varies by insurance company. Oftentimes, people aren’t even aware that they have MedPay coverage in their auto insurance policy, and insurance companies rarely mention it as a way to keep from having to pay out for medical expenses. In the eyes of the insurance company, the less they have to pay, the better the deal.
Trying to get you to settle before you realize the full extent of your injuries, which can surface days or even weeks after your incident
- If you have a personal injury claim, you can all but guarantee that the insurance company will call you just days or even hours after the incident, offering to settle. Don’t be fooled into thinking that the insurance company has your best interests in mind and want to get you your money as quickly as possible. Part of the reason for pressuring you to settle early is to keep you from having the time to realize the full extent of your injuries. When it comes to car crashes, some of the most debilitating injuries can have a delayed onset. If you struck your head during the collision, you may develop a headache that won’t go away days or even weeks after the crash. Chronic back pain, stiffness, and numbness are also notorious for creeping up on you a good period of time after your crash. If you settle with your insurance company too early, you may be missing out on compensation to cover these persistent injuries.
Conning you into signing documents you don’t understand
- When you sign a settlement agreement with an insurance company, you don’t simply sign a one-page document and go on your way. You will sign a mountain of complicated paperwork with a boatload of fine print. Oftentimes, a person signs these documents without reading carefully into what the paperwork subjects him to. You can almost guarantee that if a clause appears in paperwork prepared by an insurance company, it is not in your favor. One such clause can even require you to use the insurance company’s expert witness instead of your own to prove your injuries. In the eyes of the insurance company’s expert witness, you’re almost never going to be as badly injured as you truly are.
Demanding a confidential settlement, which can make any proceeds you receive taxable by the IRS
- In a normal insurance settlement, the compensation that you receive is not considered income, and thus is not taxed by the federal or state government. If your insurance company demands a confidentiality clause in your settlement agreement, however, this should raise a red flag. The IRS has declared that money obtained in a confidential settlement is to be considered taxable income to the recipient. This tax can strip you of a hefty portion of your settlement.
Demanding that you sign unlimited medical release authorizations, essentially giving them insight into every aspect of your well-being
- As soon as the insurance company catches wind of the incident, you will be sent a stack of forms to sign. Nine times out of ten, this paperwork will include a medical authorization release. This document does nothing but hurt your claim; it gives the insurance company permission to dig through all of your medical records, including past medical history, doctors’ notes, and even how often you visit a physician. It’s always important to speak with your personal injury attorney before signing any document that an insurance company sends you.
Recording or taking notes during the conversations you have with the insurance claims adjuster
- When it comes to phone calls with your insurance adjuster, you can almost guarantee that every second of your conversation is being recorded. Insurance companies love to bait you into saying things that hurt your case in order to validate a low settlement offer. Even something as innocent as telling your adjuster that you’re “not doing too bad” after your injury can have a negative impact on your settlement offer. An insurance company is sure to use your words against you if it is in its financial interest.
Talk to a Peabody Accident Lawyer About Your Case Today
You deserve full and just compensation if you have been injured because of the negligence of someone else. The Jason Stone Injury Lawyers in Peabody Massachusetts are here to assist you in reaching that goal so that you can recover from your injuries and financial stress from medical bills, lost work, and other damages. Contact our personal injury team today at (800) 577-5188 and we will schedule your free consultation.
“Jason Stone Injury Lawyers worked hard to get me the help I needed to get through my case. I really appreciate the way they kept me informed during each step of the process. It made it a lot easier knowing I had a group of people working together on my behalf. I hate having accidents, but I would call Jason and his team if I needed a good lawyer again. Thanks JSIL!!” – Miriam A.