Workers’ Comp FAQ
- What is workers’ compensation?
Workers’ compensation is insurance that provides wage replacement and covers your medical bills if you’re hurt on the job and can’t return to work right away or you can’t continue doing the same work you did before. All employers in Massachusetts are required by law to carry workers’ compensation insurance.
- What injuries or illnesses are covered by workers’ compensation?
Only work-related injuries or illnesses are covered by workers’ compensation insurance.Conditions eligible for workers’ compensation benefits include:
- carpal tunnel syndrome or other repetitive stress injuries.
- cuts, burns, scrapes, or broken bones.
- hernias or back problems caused by overexertion.
- illnesses from toxic substance exposure.
- infectious diseases spread at work.
- scarring of the face, neck, or hands.
At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, we’re dedicated to helping you get the workers’ compensation benefits you’re owed for your work-related illness or injury. Don’t let your on-the-job accident put you in a financial bind—call us at (800) 577-5188 or fill out our free contact request form, today.
- Who can get workers’ compensation benefits?
If you’re an employee in Massachusetts, you’re most likely covered by workers’ compensation benefits if you get sick or hurt on the job.Workers who qualify for benefits include:
- employed family members of the business owners.
- full and part-time workers.
- seasonal workers.
- undocumented workers.
- volunteers or unpaid employees.
- workers paid in cash.
- Can I choose my own doctor or hospital?
Yes, you’re free to choose your own doctor or hospital for treatments and checkups.
- When should I hire a workers’ compensation attorney?
If your work-related injury or illness is severe enough to prevent you from returning to work, it’s important to hire a workers’ compensation attorney as soon as possible. The sooner you get Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, the sooner we can begin collecting evidence and building a strong workers’ compensation claim for you.
- How much does hiring a workers’ compensation attorney cost?
At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, our Boston workers’ compensation attorneys use the No Fee Guarantee®. That means you don’t owe us anything unless we get money for you. We believe you should focus on getting better, while our Boston workers’ compensation attorneys focus on getting you paid.