A car accident may happen in a matter of seconds, but its repercussions can last for months, years, or the rest of a person’s life. The aftermath of a serious vehicle crash can leave victims overwhelmed, in physical pain, and unsure of what to do next. During this difficult time, you need an experienced Natick personal injury lawyer from Jason Stone Injury Lawyers. who can answer any legal questions that you have and support you to get through this.
Resolving a car accident claim might seem simple but turn out to be far more complex than expected. Insurance companies may deny your claim or make you a much lower settlement offer than your claim is worth. The attorneys at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers have helped countless residents in Natick and throughout Massachusetts meet these challenges and recover fair compensation after car crashes.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motor vehicle collision, you need an experienced car accident lawyer on your side who you can trust. Jason Stone Injury Lawyers is dedicated to helping accident victims in Massachusetts. Contact us online today or call 800-577-5188, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney. We offer consultations by phone, video conferencing, or in person.
How Soon Should You Hire a Natick Accident Attorney?
It’s recommended to hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your vehicle collision to ensure that you receive maximum compensation to protect your interests. This will allow the lawyers at Jason Stone time to build a solid case for you by collecting time-sensitive evidence, interviewing witnesses, hiring investigators, and reviewing police and medical reports. As your attorneys, our primary goal is to maximize the recovery available to you.
We also intend to meet the deadline. There is a statute of limitations on filing a claim or lawsuit in Massachusetts. If it isn’t filed within the allotted amount of time, you could miss out on financial compensation that you are due. Different factors could affect how much time you’re legally allowed to file a claim, so we encourage you to speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Natick Auto Collision Injuries
Each Natick car accident is unique, and there are countless ways that a person can be adversely affected by a collision. The following are some of the most common types of injuries:
- Whiplash – When you’re in a vehicle crash, your body moves suddenly and much quicker than it would on its own. The trauma from this force can strain muscles and ligaments in your neck without breaking bones. The healing process from whiplash can be long and painful.
- Fractures and broken bones – When your body experiences a force greater than your bones can handle, a break occurs. Fractures and breaks vary in severity. Some may require a cast while others may require surgery to properly heal. A broken bone can leave a crash victim unable to work for weeks or months.
- Back injury – Our spine can’t sustain a heavy impact, and back injuries are a common result of auto collisions. Some victims may suffer from a herniated disc, which is when one or more of your vertebrae ruptures or shifts out of place. Back injuries can be extremely painful and cause permanent disability.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – This type of injury is caused by a blow or piercing injury to the head. Symptoms of a TBI may not be immediately apparent, so it’s important to get a medical examination after being involved in a serious vehicle collision. A TBI can lead to headaches, dizziness, nausea, and long-term problems with brain function.
- Internal bleeding – During a collision, your body may be forced into an object or hit by flying debris, causing damage to internal organs. If not treated quickly after the crash, internal bleeding can be serious and even life-threatening.
What Compensation Can You Get After a Natick Car Accident?
While most people are aware that they can get money after a motor vehicle crash, many don’t know what compensation may be available to them. An attorney at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers can review your case and calculate the full amount of compensation you’re entitled to.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your claim, you may be able to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses: If you sustained serious injuries in the crash, medical bills can quickly begin to pile up. Your lawyer may be able to help you recover damages for emergency room visits, doctor’s appointments, medication, surgery, rehabilitation, and more.
- Lost wages/ loss of future earning potential: If your injuries leave you unable to work, you are likely entitled to compensation for loss of pay and benefits. If your injuries are so severe that you are unable to return to work for months, years, or ever again, you may be able to recover damages for loss of future wages as well.
- Property damage: This might include repair or replacement of your vehicle, rental car costs, and replacement of lost or damaged property such as laptops, jewelry, or sunglasses.
- Pain and suffering: Motor vehicle accidents can leave victims in serious pain. They would give any amount of money for a pain-free life. That is what this type of damages is meant to compensate for.
- Loss of consortium: The word consortium is a legal term used to describe the companionship of a husband and wife. Financial compensation may be awarded as a result of the loss of companionship with your spouse.
- Loss of enjoyment: You may not be able to participate in some of the activities you enjoyed prior to the collision. Compensation may be awarded when accident victims suffer a loss of enjoyment.
- suffer a loss of enjoyment. Punitive damages: These types of damages are not awarded as compensation. Rather, they are intended to punish a person’s grossly negligent behavior and prevent others from being hurt by similar actions.
What to Know About Speaking With Car Insurance Agents in Natick
One of the most important things to remember about car insurance agents is that they are not on your side. Regardless of how friendly they might be, they are not your friends. Insurance adjusters don’t represent you; they represent their insurance company and the party that caused the crash.
Insurance adjusters may seem friendly and reasonable enough to give you a fair settlement, but their job is to minimize losses and get you to settle for the lowest amount possible. They may try to pressure you into settling for a much lower payout than you are due. Remember: Once you settle, that’s it. In most cases, you can’t go back and try to get a larger settlement later.
Never give an insurance adjuster a verbal or written statement without first consulting your attorney. Don’t sign any paperwork or accept any settlement offers before first discussing it with your lawyer either. If an adjuster calls, trying to pressure you into giving a statement or accepting an offer, simply say, “Please speak to my attorney.”
Our legal team at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers is proud to help the residents of Natick, Massachusetts, deal with insurance adjusters to win fair compensation. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle collision, call our office today to schedule a free consultation.
While every case is different, most Natick, MA, motor vehicle collision cases are handled out of court. Typically, a car accident settlement is reached through negotiations between the attorney and insurance company without a trial. Claims are usually settled before a lawsuit is even filed.
However, in some circumstances, a case will have to be taken to trial. Reasons for this might be if a fair settlement amount can’t be reached or if a decision can’t be made as to who was at fault for the collision. We at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers will do everything we can to settle your claim out of court, but we are ready to take your claim to trial if necessary.
Do You Need to Go to Court to Receive a Settlement?
Our Team Can Handle Your Claim from Start to Finish
When you have the Jason Stone Injury Lawyers legal team on your side, you can focus on getting back on your feet while we focus on recovering the compensation to which you are entitled. From our very first conversation, our team will go to work protecting your right to compensation, will give you peace of mind and will spend our time fighting for a full financial recovery.
Our commitment to your well-being and satisfaction is summed up in our Stone Cold Guarantee®. Our attorneys are ready to do the heavy lifting so you can focus on getting better.
We will stand by you through the entire process, helping you understand what to expect and updating you on the status of your case. We can often prove you qualify to hold the at-fault driver liable and settle these cases without resorting to filing a personal injury lawsuit. However, we will not hesitate to take your case to court if necessary to get the full range of damages to which you are entitled.
Common Causes of Natick, Massachusetts Automobile Injuries
Jason Stone Injury Lawyers handles many different types of claims. Sadly, this means that we see victims of all types of reckless and negligent actions over the years.
The following are among the most common causes of serious motor vehicle accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Reckless driving
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Driving while drowsy
- Failure to stop or yield
- Texting while driving
What Your Lawyer Will Do On Your Behalf
There are many ways that the legal team at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers can help you after your Natick motor vehicle collision, but here we will highlight a few steps that we take when starting on your case:
- We send out a “letter of representation” to your insurance company, informing them that our law firm is representing you and that all negotiations should go through your lawyer.
- We begin gathering evidence to build a solid case on your behalf. This includes obtaining copies of medical records, hospital bills, and police reports, examining photos taken at the scene of the collision, and gathering witness statements.
- We handle any phone calls that you are getting from creditors or debt collectors, as you may find yourself in financial difficulty after a vehicle accident. But we will field the phone calls of parties who are harassing you for payment.
- We file a lawsuit on your behalf. This means that you are giving legal notice of the amount that you are requesting as compensation for your losses.
- We negotiate a settlement or go to trial. Your Natick personal injury lawyer will aggressively negotiate a fair settlement for you. Although most cases will be settled out of court, we are ready to take your case to trial if a settlement can’t be reached.
- We will settle your case. Either by reaching a settlement amount or by taking your case to trial, we will make sure that you receive a just and fair settlement for your injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Us Today
Jason Stone Injury Lawyers understands that you want justice after your life-changing vehicle collision. The physical, mental, and emotional toll that an auto collision takes can be difficult to navigate without guidance. In addition, any error you make on filing your claim can lead to you not receiving the compensation you are entitled to.
However, you don’t have to face the challenges alone. Our law firm has years of experience handling car accident injury cases, and we proudly advocate for our clients’ rights. We have helped many victims of motor vehicle accidents in Natick receive maximum compensation for their injuries.
Contact us today by filling out the online evaluation form or calling us at 800-577-5188 to schedule your free consultation with an attorney. The legal team at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers works on a contingency fee basis, which means that you pay nothing out of pocket. We only get paid when you receive a case settlement. Don’t delay – phone Stone today!
Jason Stone is truly the best! They did such a wonderful job with my case and communicated really well with me. I was amazed by their work and amazed by how much they really care about their clients. Whenever I called them about a concern or for any other reason they made sure they answered every question! They also try their best to make things go quickly as possible! I would highly recommend people to chose Jason Stone Injury Lawyer. They are honest with you; they take their time to listen to you and make sure everything is resolved! They did a great job with my case that I have recommended them to others. Thanks so much Jason Stone, I really appreciate it all!
VICTORIA PIERRE-LOUIS | FORMER CLIENT
GET YOUR FREE CASE EVALUATION TODAY
You can become exasperated when it seems like nobody wants to listen to you. When you’re hurt, this neglect adds insult to injury.
Our clients are important to us. We’ll take the time to hear you out — your unique problems, your timeline, your specific needs, and your compensation goals. Our team is big enough to provide the expertise you need but small enough to make you feel like family.
Become part of the family today and fill out the free initial consultation form or call us anytime at (800) 577-5188 to get your life back on track.