Schedule Your Face to Face Online consultation today!
Mobile image spacer
Get your FREE Immediate Case Evaluation
Get your FREE Immediate Case Evaluation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Filing a Workers’ Comp Claim

Filing a workers’ compensation claim after an on-the-job injury isn’t easy. You and your employer must fill out several forms, and your claim may be denied if any information is missing or inaccurate. There are also strict deadlines for submitting these forms—and you may lose your rights to benefits if they are missed.

At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, we want to help you get your workers’ compensation benefits as quickly as possible. Our legal professionals will walk you through each step of the claims process to make sure you have the best possible chance of getting the money you’re owed. Contact us today. Just dial (800) 577-5188 or fill out a Free Initial Consultation Form.

3 Steps to Take to File Your Claim

Follow these three steps to help improve your chances of getting workers’ compensation benefits:

  1. Report the injury to your employer.
    Tell your supervisor or manager about your injury as soon as possible. Your employer must complete Form 101—Employer’s First Report of Injury or Fatality. After you have been unable to earn full wages for at least five days, your employer has seven days, not including Sundays and legal holidays, to report the injury to its insurance company. Your employer must also report your injury to the Department of Industrial Accidents (DIA).The insurance company then has 14 calendar days to mail you a check or, if they want to contest the claim, send you a form stating their reason for denying compensation.
  2. Seek medical attention.
    If you need medical attention, your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company will provide you with an insurance card, claim number, and healthcare provider for treatment. During this visit, a doctor will examine you to determine the extent of your injuries.
  3. Complete an Employee Claim Form.
    If your employer didn’t complete Form 101, is contesting your right to receive benefits, or stops paying your benefits, you should complete Form 110. An Employee Claim – Form 110 may be filed with your employer’s insurance company at any time. However, the DIA can only accept Form 110 if 30 calendar days have passed since your first date of disability, or it is accompanied by an Insurer’s Notification of Denial – Form 104.

We’re Here to Help

Even after you complete all the required steps, your claim for workers’ compensation benefits may be reduced or even denied. But you don’t have to settle for anything less than you deserve. Call our Boston workers’ compensation attorneys, and let us stand up to your employer and the insurance company on your behalf.