We love the natural and architectural beauty that Fitchburg offers. Nestled along the Nashua River and known for its charming Victorian-style homes that were built at the height of the industrial boom, it’s a shame that Fitchburg is no more immune to dangerous accidents than any other town in Massachusetts.
Sadly, in recent years there have been several car accidents that have seriously injured or even taken the lives of some of the residents of Fitchburg. However, motor vehicle accidents are just one possible source of personal injury.
The legal team at Jason Stone is skilled in a wide range of personal injury law areas. If you or a loved one has sustained serious injuries from an accident you may be entitled to financial compensation. Contact us today to setup up your free initial consultation.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Firm Handles
Our legal team does everything in its power to protect all personal injury victims in Fitchburg and throughout Massachusetts.
We are experienced in handling a wide variety of personal injury claims including, but not limited to:
- Car accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Drone injuries
- Nursing home abuse
- Truck accidents
- MBTA injuries
- Dog bites
- Construction accidents
- Opioid overdose
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Wrongful death
Why You Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident
Car accidents range in severity from minor fender benders to multi-car pile-ups resulting in serious injuries or fatalities. Statistics from one recent year show that 33,654 fatal vehicle accidents took place across the country with more than 36,560 deaths occurring. Some of those tragic crashes happened right here in our state of Massachusetts.
The car accident lawyers at Jason Stone pride themselves on being the voice for those in need of legal assistance. We handle all types of vehicle accidents and have the knowledge and resources to get you the compensation you are due.
The following are some of the ways our lawyers can help you after your car accident:
- Advocating you and being your voice throughout the legal process
- Handling negotiations with insurance providers
- Protecting you from getting taken advantage of or tricked into accepting a low settlement
- Gathering evidence including police reports, medical records, witness statements, and photos to prove negligence
- Helping you obtain a rental car
- Ensuring that you get a fair settlement
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
There are about 20 nursing homes in and around Fitchburg. If your loved one is dwelling in one of these homes, then you know the transition from a home environment to a nursing home or long-term care facility is not always easy. You want to make sure your loved one is being well taken care of and respected. Tragically, that is not always the case, and many nursing home residents are victims of various types of abuse.
If you know or suspect that your loved one has been a victim of nursing home abuse, we understand that you may be experiencing a wide range of emotions from outrage to sadness and disbelief. The nursing home abuse lawyers at Jason Stone understand how distraught families are when they find out their loved one has been a victim of nursing home abuse. We are experienced in handling the various types of nursing home abuse cases.
These cases typically fall into the following categories.
Nursing home staff are obligated to provide residents with a high standard of care. When this standard is not being met, the nursing home or long-term care facility can be found negligent.
The following are signs that your loved one is being neglected:
- Looking unkempt or showing signs of poor hygiene
- Room is dirty or the bed sheets haven’t been washed or changed
- Bedsores from not being moved often enough
- The presence of obstacles or hazards that could cause slip-and-fall accidents
This can include verbal abuse, bullying, withholding necessary care as a form of “punishment,” or isolation. Take note if your loved one experiences a change in personality or behavior, if he or she becomes quiet or withdrawn when a certain staff member enters the room, or if staff refuse to leave you alone with your loved one.
This occurs when a nursing home employee, fellow resident, or visitor causes bodily harm or pain and suffering to the resident.
Examples of physical abuse include:
- Restraint marks
When the resident is forced to engage in physical or sexual conduct that is non-consensual and unwanted, it is truly devastating.
This kind of abuse can include:
- Unwanted touching
- Sexual harassment
- Sharing sexually explicit photos
This is unauthorized use of a resident’s financial resources, which can include:
- Forcing the resident to change his or her will or estate
- Opening credit cards in the resident’s name
Why Jason Stone Personal Injury Lawyers
We at Jason Stone understand that you have many different legal firms to choose from. When selecting a law firm to handle your Fitchburg personal injury claim, there are several factors to consider.
- One concern is the firm’s experience. The lawyers at Jason Stone have decades of experience in successfully handling all types of personal injury cases.
- Another factor is the lawyer’s resources. Our firm has the right experts at our disposal, including medical professionals and accident reconstructionists, who can help prove your case.
- Next, consider the results: Our lawyers have a proven track record of success. We are able to handle most settlements out of court, obtaining maximum compensation for our clients.
- Finally, you want a law firm you can trust. The lawyers at Jason Stone care about the welfare of the residents of Fitchburg and all our clients. We strive to be caring and patient with our clients while also honest and upfront.
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Better Phone StoneSM today to set up your free consultation!