Truck Accident Lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts
Strict safety laws regulate trucking companies and truck drivers. But every year, thousands of innocent drivers are injured in traffic accidents involving trucks. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you shouldn’t have to pay the price for someone else’s negligence. At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, we can help you get the compensation you need for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Don’t let a truck driver get away with the negligent driving that caused your injuries; to recover the compensation to which you may be entitled, you’d Better Phone Stone.
At Jason Stone, our Boston truck accident lawyers can advise you on your legal options and fight for the financial security you need to move forward with your life.
Call 800-577-5188 or contact us online to arrange your free consultation.
GET YOUR FREE IMMEDIATE CASE EVALUATION
Boston Truck Accident Resources
Causes of Truck Accidents
Like car accident claims, truck and tractor trailer accidents require a great deal of evidence and expert testimony. When our truck accident attorneys investigate your case, they will look for any signs that one of these factors contributed to your crash. You can count on our legal team to check all the causes that lead to the crash and to take immediate action and collect the evidence and witness statements needed to build your truck accident case.
Our Boston truck accident lawyers handle a variety of truck accident claims, and we are familiar with the factors that contribute to accidents, such as:
If you were injured in a truck crash, it’s a good idea to consult with a Boston truck accident attorney before accepting an insurance company’s settlement offer. Our lawyers know the tricks insurance companies use to unfairly limit or deny claims, and understand the extensive costs associated with trucking accidents-related injuries. Truck accident victims may be unable to work or face long-term medical expenses.
Trucking accident liable parties may include:
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident Case
Liability in a Massachusetts truck accident situation is often much more complicated than a typical car crash due to a legal concept known as “vicarious liability,” which makes your damages the responsibility of the truck driver’s employer if we can prove that the truck driver caused your crash. In other truck accident cases, there may be multiple potentially liable parties.
When we conduct our investigation, we will work closely with crash reconstruction specialists and other experts who can help us identify the liable party or parties and build a solid case against them. We will also send a letter to the trucking company demanding it protect any evidence in its possession. In many truck crash cases, the trucker’s rest logs and information from the truck’s computer provide valuable evidence to prove our case. This is why you need a Boston truck accident lawyer from Jason Stone.
Recoverable Damages in Truck Accidents
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts operates under the Comprehensive No-Fault Act, which means that injured commercial truck accidents victims usually must rely on their own insurance policy to pay their initial medical bills. The types of damages we may be able to recover on your behalf may include:
- Medical treatment and related expenses not covered by your no-fault policy;
- Ongoing care costs;
- Lost wages for your time away from work;
- Diminished earning capacity if you cannot return to work;
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle;
- Loss of support; and
- Damages for pain and suffering.
If you suffered the death of a loved one due to a Massachusetts truck crash, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death action and recover additional compensation. Call a Boston truck accident lawyer from Jason Stone today for your free case review, and we can explain if this is an option that may work for your family.
Victims of truck crashes often suffer catastrophic injuries or live the rest of their lives with permanent impairments from the incident. These may include:
TRUCK ACCIDENT FAQs
Just like car accidents, truck accidents can happen in the blink of an eye for countless reasons. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck Driver Negligence
If truck drivers are speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or sleep-deprived, they may cause serious accidents.
- Poor Truck Maintenance
Large trucks need regular maintenance to keep the brakes, tires, engines, and other components in good working condition. If these parts fail, accidents can occur.
- Overloaded Trucks
Trucks have maximum weight limits, but drivers and truck companies may exceed these limits to maximize profits. Overloaded trucks are difficult to maneuver or stop and may lead to accidents.
At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, we’re familiar with the causes of truck accidents, and we want to help you get money to compensate you for your injuries. Pick up the phone and dial (800) 577-5188 or fill out a free contact form to get in touch with a Boston truck accident lawyer.
Some of the parties who can be held responsible for causing truck accidents include:
- Highway designers and maintenance crews
- Other drivers
- Truck drivers
- Truck manufacturers
- Truck owners
- Trucking companies
The attorneys at Jason Stone Injury Law Firm will investigate your truck accident claim and determine who or what caused it. Then, we’ll do everything in our power to hold that party accountable for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
After your accident, you may have a list of expenses piling up and no way to pay for them. But if the accident wasn’t your fault, you can file a claim for your damages, including:
- Lost wages—both current and future
- Medical expenses—both current and future
- Pain and suffering
Trucking companies are represented by big insurance companies that are in business to make money—not pay you for your accident-related expenses. That’s why it’s important that you never volunteer information about the accident and keep your contact with the insurance adjuster brief. He or she may twist your words and cause you to forfeit your rights to compensation. Better yet, let our Boston personal injury law firm speak with the insurance company for you.
- When you get a lawyer from our personal injury law firm, you get an advocate you can trust. Our attorneys can protect you from insurance companies while also investigating the accident and building a strong claim for you. Don’t wait to get the help you need—get the Stone Cold Guarantee® by contacting us today.
Jason and his associates and staff made a practice of keeping me informed of procedures and options in my legal goings-on. Timely calls, checking to make sure that I understood issues—these are the things that I experienced with this practice. In terms of results, “under-promise, over-deliver.” I trust Jason and his crew.
ANDREW | FORMER CLIENT
Truck Accident in Boston? Better Phone Stone.
If you or someone you know was injured in a truck, tractor trailer or commercial vehicle accident, contact Jason Stone Injury Lawyers today. Client satisfaction is our first priority. That’s why we make your recovery and your compensation our main focus. You can rely on our experienced truck accident attorneys to fight hard to get you as much money as possible, as quickly as possible, while keeping you informed every step of the way. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your injuries, call (800) 577-5188 our personal injury law firm today.
Our commitment to your well-being and satisfaction is summed up in our Stone Cold Guarantee®. Our attorneys are ready to do the heavy lifting so you can focus on getting better.
We will stand by you through the entire process, helping you understand what to expect and updating you on the status of your case. We can often prove you qualify to hold the at-fault driver liable and settle these cases without resorting to filing a personal injury lawsuit. However, we will not hesitate to take your case to court if necessary to get the full range of damages to which you are entitled.
You should also check if the truck that hit you was on a street it was supposed to be. These are the streets that trucks are encouraged to use while in Boston:
- Binney Street
- Main Street
- Galileo Galilei Way
- Land Boulevard
- Broadway east of Galileo Galilei Way
- Vassar Street north of Rt. 2A (Mass. Ave.)
- JFK Street between Harvard Square and North Harvard Street in Brighton
- First Street
Check the image for the full routes.
Dangerous Routes in Boston, MA
Highest crash locations in Boston. These are calculated using fatalities, injuries and property damage:
1. I-93 at Granite Street, Braintree (795)
2. I-95 at I-93, Reading (755)
3. I-93 at Columbia Road, Boston (697)
4. I-93 at Granite Avenue, Milton (615)
5. I-93 at Montvale Avenue, Woburn (533)
6. Route 3 at Route 18 (Main Street), Weymouth (489)
7. I-93 (Near ramps to Furnace Brook Parkway), Quincy (460)
8. I-93 at Route 3A (Neponset Avenue), Boston (450)
9. Route 1 at Route 129 (Walnut Street), Saugus (449)
10. I-95 at Route 3 (Cambridge Street), Burlington (418)
11. Route 128 at Route 114 (Andover Street), Peabody (404)
12. Route 3 at Derby Street, Hingham (396)
13. I-93 (Near ramp to Route 3A/Gallivan Blvd./Neponset Avenue), Boston (388)
14. I-95 at Route 4 (Bedford Street), Lexington (364)
15. Middlesex Turnpike at I-95, Burlington (359)
16. North Washington Street at I-93, Boston (357)
17. Route 9 at Route 27, Natick (346)
18. I-93 at Route 28 (Fellsway), Somerville (335)
19. I-93 at Route 129 (Lowell Street), Wilmington (319)
20. I-93 at Route 138 (Washington Street), Canton (309)
21. Route 16 (Near intersection with Route 28/Fellsway), Medford (304)
22. I-95 at Route 2, Lexington (304)
23. I-95 at Route 20 (Ramp – Route 20 WB to I-95 SB), Waltham (294)
24. Route 1 at Essex Street, Saugus (289)
25. Route 114 at Route 1, Danvers (283)
Jason Stone Injury Lawyers
225 Friend St #102, Boston, MA 02114, United States
Take a look at what our clients say about us: