mobile header spacer
Get your FREE Immediate Case Evaluation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Get your FREE Immediate Case Evaluation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Pedestrian Accident FAQ

  1. What are some common types of pedestrian accidents?
    Some of the most common types of pedestrian accidents include:

    • Crosswalk Accidents
      Distracted drivers may hit pedestrians who are using crosswalks, as they may not see them in time to stop or slow down.
    • Turning Accidents
      Drivers who make quick turns without checking the road may strike pedestrians.
    • Backing up Accidents
      Many vehicles don’t make much noise when reversing. Drivers who don’t check their mirrors before backing up can hit pedestrians who don’t hear their vehicles.

    At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, we’re familiar with the causes of pedestrian accidents, and we know what it takes to get our clients the money they need for medical bills, lost wages, and to feel whole again. Dial (800) 577-5188 or fill out a free online form to get in touch with our law firm today.

  2. Who is at fault in my accident?
    The person considered at fault for the accident is usually the person who is also considered negligent, or careless. This is often the vehicle driver, as he or she may have hit you because he or she was driving while distracted, speeding, or driving recklessly.However, sometimes both the driver and the pedestrian can be considered negligent. In these cases, it’s important that an attorney reviews the facts of your accident to determine who is considered more at fault in causing the accident.
  3. What if my accident was a hit-and-run?
    If the driver who hit you fled the scene of the accident, it’s considered a hit-and-run. The driver may receive criminal charges and an arrest warrant if they can be located. If they can’t be found, you have no one to file a claim against for your medical bills and lost wages.If you or a household member have an auto insurance policy, you may be able to file an uninsured motorist claim. Our attorneys can help you file a claim to get money to compensate you for your accident-related injuries and damages.
  4. What compensation can I get from my pedestrian accident?
    As a pedestrian accident victim, you may be eligible to file a claim for several types of damages, including:

    • Medical Bills
      Pedestrian accidents can cause serious injuries that put you in the hospital for a long period of time. Extended hospital stays can be expensive, and insurance may not cover all the costs.
    • Lost Wages
      Your injuries may prevent you from working for days, weeks, or even months at a time. That means lost paychecks. Your claim can help you get the money you should have earned while you were too hurt to work.
    • Physical and Emotional Suffering
      Getting hit by a car is a traumatic experience. Not only are you in physical pain, but you may also develop anxiety and psychological problems because of the accident. Filing a claim can help you get money for your accident-related suffering.

    Don’t wait to get the help you deserve for your pedestrian accident. Get Jason Stone Injury Lawyers on your side. We honor the Stone Cold Guarantee®, which means you don’t owe us anything unless we get money for you. You have nothing to lose—contact us today.

Get your FREE Immediate Case Evaluation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.