Call Jason Stone Injury Lawyers today at (800) 577-5188 to get started.
Defective Product Resources
If you were hurt or a family member was killed due to a potentially defective product, the Boston attorneys at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers are here to help you recover the money you need to cope with medical expenses and other damages. Our lawyers have extensive experience in product liability law, and we offer free consultations to help you understand your options.
From automotive parts to children’s toys to medical devices, defective products kill thousands of Americans and injure millions more each year, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Call 800-577-5188 to schedule your complimentary consultation or tell us what happened online to get started now.
Nearly any type of product can be dangerous, even when used as directed for its intended purpose. Government agencies including the CPSC, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) monitor various categories of products and issue thousands of recalls annually in efforts to protect consumers from faulty products.
Products commonly identified in product liability lawsuits include:
- Dangerous medications
- Defective medical devices
- Faulty motor vehicles and vehicle parts
- Tainted food and beverages
- Unsafe toys and other children’s products
- Hazardous home furnishings and appliances
- Toxic cleaning compounds and other chemical agents
Although the range of potentially defective products is infinite, product liability lawsuits are generally based on one of three factors.
In product liability lawsuits, defects are typically categorized in one of three areas:
- Design defects: Defects are inherent in the design and make the product unreasonably dangerous
- Manufacturing defects: Defects are the result of production flaws, such as manufacturing errors or production contamination
- Failure to warn: Insufficient warnings about the product’s risks, inadequate instructions for the product’s safe use, or misleading marketing claims about the product contribute to harm
A successful product liability claim must establish key elements, including:
- The product was used for its intended purpose
- Use of the product resulted in injury and or monetary losses
- The product is defective due to a design flaw, manufacturing error, or failure to warn
- The product defect directly contributed to the injury
Your free consultation with a Boston attorney at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers can help you determine if you have the basis for a product liability case.
Product liability cases can be more complex than other types of personal injury claims because they often involve large corporations with their own teams of attorneys, and they may include multiple at-fault parties.
Depending on the circumstances of the defect, responsible parties in product liability lawsuits may include:
If you or a loved one was harmed by a defective product, a product liability lawyer may be able to help you recover compensation for damages including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
If a defective product caused the death of a family member, an attorney may be able to help you pursue compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit.
What Our Past Clients Say About Us:
“Attorney Jason Stone and the firm kept me in the loop of all updates with my claim. I was pleased with the help that I received. I would surely recommend them to others.” – Diane R.
Aggressive Representation for Boston Consumers
The attorneys at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers are dedicated to protecting the rights of injury victims, including those harmed by defective products, and we have the experience and resources to fight big companies—and their insurance providers—on your behalf.
We’re the only Boston law firm to offer a Stone Cold Guarantee®, our 10-point pledge that includes a free, no-obligation consultation and a promise that our attorneys only get paid after you get paid. If you or someone you love was hurt by a defective product, you have nothing to lose—but much to gain—by working with one of our knowledgeable product liability lawyers.
Call us today at 800-577-5188 or complete a Free Initial Consultation Form to get started now.