When a large 18-wheeler speeds by us on the road, it is normal to feel a bit nervous. An accident with a vehicle that size can have terrible, if not fatal, consequences. Following a collision with an 18-wheeler, you are sure to need legal support and personal assistance. Our team at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers can provide what you need at this time. We understand the ins and outs of truck accidents, and a truck accident attorney from our law firm can examine carefully the facts of your collision. It is our determination to use these details to get you maximum compensation as soon as possible. For a free consultation, Better Phone Stone®. We can speak to you face to face, by Google Voice, over the phone, or through Zoom – whatever is most convenient and comfortable for you.
Contact us today by calling (800) 577-5188 or filling out an online case evaluation form to set up your free consultation appointment.
Causes of Truck Accidents in Massachusetts
At the root of many vehicle accidents in Massachusetts is negligence. This holds true in accidents involving 18-wheelers. A truck accident attorney at the law office of Jason Stone Injury Lawyers can determine who is at fault and why.
A truck accident attorney on our team can examine the facts and details of your case. Our team members can present this evidence in clear legal terms and use it to win your side of the argument, either while making a settlement or while filing a lawsuit and going to trial for you, if necessary.
The following are some of the most common reasons for accidents involving 18-wheelers:
- Unsafe driving: The driver of the 18-wheeler may have made an unsafe or even illegal maneuver. Unsafe driving could also mean the driver failed to take action. For example, he may need to take extra steps to be safe but won’t because he is in a hurry.
- Speeding: 18-wheelers need plenty of time to slow down and stop. When drivers of 18-wheelers drive faster than is appropriate or is legal, accidents happen. This is even more likely during bouts of bad weather in Massachusetts. Snow, ice, and rain can significantly impede an 18-wheelers ability to slow and stop.
- Distracted driving: Sometimes drivers are focused on their radio, phone, or talking with a passenger when they fail to notice something in their path or another hazard.
- Lack of sleep: A drowsy truck driver can cause an accident. Additionally, the driver might fall asleep at the wheel. If extremely tired, the driver could incorrectly react or respond too slowly to an unexpected event on the road.
- Drunk driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is especially dangerous. Drunk driving is illegal and can slow reaction time so a driver may be unable to avoid a collision.
- Overloaded trucks: Cargo must be loaded and secured correctly. An unexpected and sudden cargo shift can trigger an accident. Additionally, overloaded trucks could lose control of the attached trailer or the truck itself during transportation. Consequently, the tractor-trailer could roll over or jackknife.
The above situations are not all possible reasons for an accident with an 18-wheeler. To determine whether your accident was caused by negligence, please consult a personal injury attorney with the Jason Stone Injury Lawyers legal team.
Types of Compensation Available to You
An attorney with Jason Stone Injury Lawyers can analyze the specifics of your case. The aim is to identify who is legally at fault for your truck accident injuries. Once liability is established, we are free to focus on getting you compensation. A Jason Stone Injury Lawyers truck accident lawyer can help you receive compensation for:
- Vehicle and other property damage
- Emergency medical expense
- Hospital bills
- Treatment from specialists
- Necessary medication and medical devices
- Lost income
- Lost future wages
- Long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of limb
- Wrongful death damages
The Massachusetts truck accident lawyers of Jason Stone Injury Lawyers can help you receive restitution for the catastrophic injuries mentioned above, depending on the details of your case. We know that you need and deserve so much if you have been so unfortunate as to suffer a catastrophic injury. Our heart goes out to you, and we invite you to reach out to consult with us as soon as possible. We can use our comprehensive understanding of truck accident cases to get you maximum compensation for your truck accident injuries.
How an Attorney Can Help You
A case involving an 18-wheeler has more complexities than your typical car accident case. When you are dealing with the aftermath of a large truck accident, it is crucial to have attorneys on your side who mean business like Jason Stone Injury Lawyers.
Our law firm is determined to protect your legal rights. Why is this so important?
The drivers of 18-wheelers are almost always legally backed by the companies that employ them. A trucking company may have the support of its own legal team and investigators. As we prepare your claim, their team will be working hard to build a strong defense to protect their driver and the trucking company.
Never fear. While they are busy doing that, a focused member of our team can collect and examine the key elements of your case. We can navigate any seemingly confusing legal aspects of your case and keep you apprised of our progress as we go. Because, above all, we want you to be treated fairly and have peace of mind.
Leave the negotiating to Jason Stone Injury Lawyers. We are not afraid to argue relentlessly, if necessary, with the trucking insurance company. We can get the best possible settlement offer on your behalf. If the opposing party stubbornly refuses to agree to a fair sum, we can then file a lawsuit and go to trial.
As you can see, our team can shield you from the attorneys of the trucking company and its insurance company trying to ride roughshod over you. We can make sure your rights are considered and protected.
Our Massachusetts Truck Accident Lawyers Are On Your Side
In truck accident cases involving 18-wheelers, a normal-sized car usually takes the most impact. As a result, the catastrophic injuries you and your passengers receive can affect you for a long time. Let our attorneys help you recover financially.
Jason Stone Injury Lawyers can get you to the other side of this terrible experience by giving you the professionalism and compensation your situation calls for. Our law firm has the resources to work fast and with intensity to get you the restitution you need.
Get in touch with Jason Stone Injury Lawyers serving Massachusetts.
Call (800) 577-5188 or fill out an online case evaluation form to set up your free consultation appointment.
There’s No Obligation, Just Information®.