Personal Injury Attorney Natick
After a serious accident, trying to manage the day-to-day affairs of life can be challenging. At this time, the idea of having to communicate or even fight with insurance companies can seem like an incredible obstacle.
Jason Stone Injury Lawyers understand this, and our attorneys in the Natick, Massachusetts area want to help you during this difficult time.
Ensuring that you receive the compensation you need to recover is our priority. We want to help you get the compensation to which you are entitled, without the hassle and headache of dealing with uncooperative at-fault parties and their insurance companies.
Let’s discuss what has happened to you and create a strategy to help you recover from your painful experience. We can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us at (800) 577-5188 or fill out a free contact form. We guarantee that we will respond within 24 hours..
GET YOUR FREE IMMEDIATE CASE EVALUATION
Need a Natick Injury Lawyer? Better Phone StoneTM.
The period following an accident can seem like a dark time in your life. It’s difficult to know how to proceed, if not outright baffling. Our dedicated Natick personal injury legal team at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers knows where the light at the end of the tunnel is, and we can take you to it.
We have fought this fight and traveled this dark tunnel to a successful end many times.
The following types of injuries are among the most common for which we have helped clients win compensation.
PERSONAL INJURY ACCIDENTS
The lives of you and your family can be significantly altered after a car accident. Your income may have diminished or vanished because of the accident. Meanwhile, both the immediate and long-term costs of medical treatment can debilitate your finances. A legal team that can fight to help you recover financially is what you need, and Jason Stone Injury Lawyers are just that.
Motorcycles, less visible than other vehicles on the road, are commonly involved in accidents. Further, debris on roads, potholes, and the like can cause motorcycles to swerve, flip, and crash. If you are a motorcycle accident victim, let us help you determine whether the negligent actions of others were the cause and how you can receive compensation.
When an accident involves only motor vehicles, the injuries can be serious, but passengers and drivers have some protection from their vehicles. Car accidents involving pedestrians can be much more severe. Pedestrians, without any protection, can sustain severe and debilitating injuries. Let us help you get on the right path to recovery with fair compensation for your immense pain and suffering.
It can happen in an instant. One moment you are walking along, and the next, you find yourself on the ground. The question is, were unsafe conditions or negligence the cause of your fall? If your fall could have been prevented, give us a call and we can help you win compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and medical expenses.
Direct trauma to the head can cause a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Negative, life-long consequences can be the result of a TBI. Our attorneys would like to aid you in bringing responsible parties to light and receiving the compensation you are entitled to.
Large trucks can often be found alongside us on the road. When truck drivers are not attentive, cautious, and alert (possibly due to a lack of sleep) they can easily cause an accident that injures other drivers. If you are a truck accident victim, we want to help protect your rights and pursue fair compensation on your behalf.
At times, the most fun and amusing toys are also dangerous. Recently, the hoverboard can be included among them. Unfortunately, these self-balancing skateboards have caught fire or in other ways seriously injured their user or those close by. If you, your child, or another loved one has been injured in a hoverboard accident, we would like to assist you in the legal process to receive fair compensation.
When you travel via the MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority), no doubt you enjoy being free to concentrate on personal matters while you trust the conductor or driver to care for your trip. If unsafe conditions or the negligence of the conductor or driver caused you injury while using MBTA transportation, you may be entitled to compensation.
DRUGS AND DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
Perhaps you were injured by a product that was defective, lacking sufficient warning labels, or otherwise not functioning as intended. Either way, you could pursue a claim against the product maker or other responsible parties. It is important to get legal counsel to aid you in these types of complicated cases.
Drones are now used by children for fun, adults for hobbies, and businesses for work. With their growing popularity in the everyday world, the amount of resulting harm has also increased. If you have experienced injury, property damage, or privacy violation due to a drone, we would like to help you overcome this complicated aspect of liability law.
Your injury may have occurred when you were administered the incorrect dosage, when you encountered harmful side effects that were not fully analyzed, or if warnings were not adequately provided. If you have been injured by a drug in any way, we would like to aid you in recovering legally and financially.
The deafening noise of a construction site is just one indication of risk. Saws, drills, and other potentially dangerous tools that can separate concrete, stone, brick, and wood are used on-site daily. If you were injured on a construction site due to the negligent use or maintenance of these or similar tools, then you should speak to an attorney to determine how you can win compensation.
Experiencing an injury at work can be burdensome, especially if you are unable to work for an extended period of time. If you are among the hardworking individuals who have been hurt on the job, you can receive compensation for both the lost wages and medical costs incurred by your injury. We want to help you receive the benefits you are entitled to.
Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits were designed to help individuals who have not worked in over a year as a consequence of an accident, injury, or medical condition. If you think you qualify for SSD, contact us and we will help you navigate the legal process to obtain the benefits you deserve. No one should go through this process alone.
Veterans are entitled to benefits that support their families, help care for their own health, and assist in furthering their education. If your benefits as a veteran have been withheld, we are ready to help you gain the benefits that you have sacrificed for and thus deserve.
There are many examples of medical malpractice. These include failure to diagnose, lack of sufficient warning concerning side effects or risks involved in a certain treatment, medication errors, or failure to perform medical services appropriately.
Experiencing medical malpractice is traumatic, and you deserve compensation for your suffering. We at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers want to help you recover for your medical injury.
Victims’ damages can be catastrophic — or even fatal.
NURSING HOME ABUSE
Entrusting the care of a dear loved one to a nursing home can be difficult and painful. This is even more distressing when we see that our loved ones are not treated well.
At Jason Stone, we take this negligence very seriously. We want to hold those responsible for such deeply inappropriate conduct accountable and ensure that you and your loved one are compensated for the injury and pain suffered.
OTHER COMMON CASES
The death of a loved one causes terrible pain. The challenge of enduring is further aggravated when the death is the result of another person’s irresponsible and neglectful behavior. Although no amount of money can remove the pain of losing a loved one, we want to assist you in receiving the fullest compensation that the law provides.
If you have been attacked by a dog or know someone who has, you understand how distressing and disturbing these experiences can be. For a child, it can be horrifying. Really, anyone attacked by a dog can come away with both physical and emotional scarring. Jason Stone Injury Lawyers want to help you or your loved one get beyond this terrible experience and receive just compensation.
Eleven Things Insurance Companies Do That Should Scare You
After your injury, you may receive a call from the insurance company of the party responsible for the incident. The representative may seem friendly, but their company does not have your best interests in mind and may try to take advantage of you.
Here are eleven ways insurance companies may try to take advantage of you.
Never enter into negotiations with an insurance company unarmed – protect your rights by letting an experienced attorney work for you to recover the compensation to which you’re entitled.
Requiring you to get an Independent Medical Examination (IME)
- This means that the insurance company requires that a second physician confirm that your injuries are as bad as you claim. If your adjuster sets up an IME for you, it will almost certainly be with a doctor who works for the insurance company. This means that it is in this doctors interest to try to minimize your injuries and undermine your claim. There are ways to protect your rights during and after an IME. Never submit to one without first speaking to an attorney.
Requiring you to take an Examination Under Oath (EUO)
- During this process, you will be sworn under oath and the insurance company’s attorney may ask you any question at all that they feel is relevant to the case. The purpose of these questions may not be clear to you, but they are often designed to find holes in your claim. During an EUO, you may not plead the fifth, declining to respond, and your own attorney is not allowed to object to any of the questions. If you are asked by the insurance company to participate in an EUO, contact your attorney immediately.
Limiting the amount of money offered for specialty prescription drugs you needed to take after your injury
- While insurance frequently covers medical expenses, including prescription drugs, insurance companies are notorious for being stingy when it comes to covering specialty drugs. If you are prescribed a drug that has just hit the market, a biological drug (one made from living organisms like cells or tissue), or a drug that has no generic alternative, your insurance company may refuse to provide full coverage. The catch with most specialty prescription drugs is that they are prohibitively expensive–these drugs can costs thousands of dollars per month. Due to the high cost, insurance companies often try to limit coverage to protect their bottom line from being eaten away by the costs of these prescriptions. Because of this, it’s important to factor the costs of these drugs into your settlement offer.
Limiting the amount awarded to you for Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance, which covers medical bills and lost wages
- PIP insurance is a mandatory form of insurance coverage that generally comes into play when you have been injured in a no-fault state. This coverage is supposed to pay for medical bills and lost income following your car crash. If your insurance company offers you less than the full amount that you incurred in medical bills and lost wages, don’t sign anything before first consulting with your attorney. Once you sign a settlement agreement with your insurance company, there is no going back for more money to cover the difference.
Failing to provide you with any compensation for lost wages in the settlement offer
- If your car’s insurance policy covers lost wages, you are entitled to compensation for the income from time off work while you were recovering from your injuries. Insurance companies love to prey on victims who aren’t aware that they are entitled to these wages when extending an initial settlement offer. If you contribute substantially to your household income, or are the sole provider for your family, being compensated for your time out of work can be critical to your well-being.
Not giving you access to MedPay, which covers medical costs resulting from a car crash
- MedPay is an optional coverage that is offered by most auto-insurance carriers and acts to cover the medical expenses that you or your passengers incurred after your crash. This form of insurance does have a cap, which varies by insurance company. Oftentimes, people aren’t even aware that they have MedPay coverage in their auto insurance policy, and insurance companies rarely mention it as a way to keep from having to pay out for medical expenses. In the eyes of the insurance company, the less they have to pay, the better the deal.
Trying to get you to settle before you realize the full extent of your injuries, which can surface days or even weeks after your incident
- If you have a personal injury claim, you can all but guarantee that the insurance company will call you just days or even hours after the incident, offering to settle. Don’t be fooled into thinking that the insurance company has your best interests in mind and want to get you your money as quickly as possible. Part of the reason for pressuring you to settle early is to keep you from having the time to realize the full extent of your injuries. When it comes to car crashes, some of the most debilitating injuries can have a delayed onset. If you struck your head during the collision, you may develop a headache that won’t go away days or even weeks after the crash. Chronic back pain, stiffness, and numbness are also notorious for creeping up on you a good period of time after your crash. If you settle with your insurance company too early, you may be missing out on compensation to cover these persistent injuries.
Conning you into signing documents you don’t understand
- When you sign a settlement agreement with an insurance company, you don’t simply sign a one-page document and go on your way. You will sign a mountain of complicated paperwork with a boatload of fine print. Oftentimes, a person signs these documents without reading carefully into what the paperwork subjects him to. You can almost guarantee that if a clause appears in paperwork prepared by an insurance company, it is not in your favor. One such clause can even require you to use the insurance company’s expert witness instead of your own to prove your injuries. In the eyes of the insurance company’s expert witness, you’re almost never going to be as badly injured as you truly are.
Demanding a confidential settlement, which can make any proceeds you receive taxable by the IRS
- In a normal insurance settlement, the compensation that you receive is not considered income, and thus is not taxed by the federal or state government. If your insurance company demands a confidentiality clause in your settlement agreement, however, this should raise a red flag. The IRS has declared that money obtained in a confidential settlement is to be considered taxable income to the recipient. This tax can strip you of a hefty portion of your settlement.
Demanding that you sign unlimited medical release authorizations, essentially giving them insight into every aspect of your well-being
- As soon as the insurance company catches wind of the incident, you will be sent a stack of forms to sign. Nine times out of ten, this paperwork will include a medical authorization release. This document does nothing but hurt your claim; it gives the insurance company permission to dig through all of your medical records, including past medical history, doctors’ notes, and even how often you visit a physician. It’s always important to speak with your personal injury attorney before signing any document that an insurance company sends you.
Recording or taking notes during the conversations you have with the insurance claims adjuster
- When it comes to phone calls with your insurance adjuster, you can almost guarantee that every second of your conversation is being recorded. Insurance companies love to bait you into saying things that hurt your case in order to validate a low settlement offer. Even something as innocent as telling your adjuster that you’re “not doing too bad” after your injury can have a negative impact on your settlement offer. An insurance company is sure to use your words against you if it is in its financial interest.
Contact the Natick Personal Injury Lawyers About Your Case Today
Putting your life back together after an accident or injury can be a long and complicated process. It is our goal at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers in Natick, Massachusetts, to help you regain stability as successfully, quickly, and painlessly as possible.
Whether an injury has happened to you or a loved one, we want to help. Please call our personal injury team today at (800) 577-5188 and we can schedule your free consultation.