After suffering a rollover accident and injury, your life can be flipped upside down, both immediately and long-term. Whether you were in a car, SUV, or truck when you were injured, a rollover accident can be painful, traumatizing, and have enduring negative consequences.
At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, we consider these situations especially appalling when they are caused by another person’s irresponsibility or indifference. Such negligence requires focused legal attention from a personal injury attorney in Boston.
If you are suffering pain, emotional anxiety, or economic hardship as a result of someone else’s negligence, we want to help you. The accident attorneys in our Boston office can give you the support you need to aid you in getting your life correctly situated again after a rollover crash.
We can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us at (800) 577-5188 or fill out the contact form online for a free case evaluation. When you contact us, you will receive a response within 24 hours – guaranteed.
The Dangers of Rollover Accidents
In one recent study, an average of 35 percent of incapacitating and fatal injuries occurred in these types of rollover accidents among heavy trucks. Sport utility vehicles, which have a high center of gravity, have an increased risk factor 11 times greater than passenger cars for accidents of this nature.
Although rollover accidents in sports utility vehicles are more common, this type of accident can also occur in a car or truck. The danger is not limited to an SUV.
In these types of accidents, passengers could be ejected from the motor vehicle. Serious neck and head trauma can easily occur. Whether in a small or large vehicle, a person injured in a rollover could have catastrophic injuries that last long term.
Understanding Rollover Accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration uses a precise definition to define car accidents which include vehicle rollovers in an SUV, truck, or car. Our Boston car accident lawyers are familiar with these definitions and how they can relate to your case. Understanding how these accidents happen can help you and your lawyer identify who is responsible.
Among the most common causes of a rollover car accident are the following:
- Trip-over – This is caused by a vehicle suddenly slowing significantly or stopping abruptly can cause rollover accidents. This can be referred to as a trip-over.
- Flip-over – This is when a vehicle is made uneven by a ramp-like object. A vehicle sliding up a guardrail is an example of this. This action in rollover accidents is called a flip-over.
- Bounce-over – As the name suggests, a vehicle hits another object and bounces. While bouncing, it overturns.
- Climb-over – This is also a frequent cause of rollover crashes. Again, as indicated in the name, the vehicle maneuvers onto and over an object. This object has sufficient height to cause the vehicle to rise completely off the ground. Either while in the air or during landing, the vehicle changes to a rollover position.
- Rollover by force – A collision with another vehicle creates physical forces adequate to reposition the vehicle in a rollover state.
- Fall-over – This is another rollover situation that is common in off-roading scenarios. This type of rollover accident is much like a baby trying to learn to walk and falling in the direction that his head is leaning. His center of gravity is uneven because of the weight of his head. A vehicle that is maneuvering along slopes that alter its center of gravity can experience a similar result as the baby learning to walk.
Jason Stone Injury Lawyers in Boston can conduct a thorough investigation of your rollover accident. We can help you determine the cause and who is accountable for your car accident.
Receive Compensation After a Rollover Accident
Following your rollover accident, you will have unexpected and significant costs connected to your recovery. These costs will be connected to your immediate physical injuries and their related impact on your life.
The team at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers has experience and insight in attaining victims the compensation for the following:
- Missed days at work
- Loss of future earning
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Past and future physical limitations
Some other expenditures and factors can entitle you to compensation. To know specifically what damages your rollover accident may qualify you to obtain, please make a consultation with us.
A Boston rollover accident lawyer with our team can give you the legal advice you need by phone or video call, in person, or by another means comfortable for you.
Rollover Accident Injuries You Can Receive Compensation For
Depending on the severity of the rollover accident, many distinct injuries can result. Among the most common injuries that we can help you receive compensation for are the following:
- Neck damage
- Back strain/sprain
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Lacerations and cuts
- Severe burns
- Knee impairment
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
These are not all possible types of personal injury that you can experience as a victim of a rollover crash in a car, SUV, or truck. Further, the severity of your personal injury can vary greatly. Numerous factors unique to each accident can affect a victim differently.
A Boston rollover accident lawyer with our team can help you identify how your pain and suffering are related to your accident. The team at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers is familiar with Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and federal laws. Thus, we can assist you in securing the financial restitution you require to pay for these injuries both now and in the future.
Jason Stone Injury Lawyers Can Get You Results After Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents in a car, truck, or SUV can be complicated cases. The consequences could be as simple as losing a side mirror or as tragic as losing a loved one. Overwhelming medical bills, lost wages, and intense stress can all plague you after a rollover crash.
It may be that human error and irresponsibility in the form of distraction and inattention could be the cause of your pain and suffering. Yet, it could be that a roadway was not properly maintained or constructed. These types of complex cases require the assistance of an experienced Boston car accident lawyer to be certain that you receive the compensation you need.
Injured in a rollover accident? Better Phone Stone®. Jason Stone Injury Lawyers serving Boston wants to help you. We have more than 20 years of experience, and we aim to get each of our clients the maximum compensation possible.
At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, we are interested in hearing about your rollover crash in a free consultation. With us, there is No Obligation, Just Information®.
You can reach us 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call us at (800) 577-5188 or fill out a free contact form. You will receive a response within 24 hours, guaranteed.