Slip and Fall FAQ

  1. What do I do if I am injured in a mall?
    If you’re injured by slipping and falling in a mall, you should:

    • Notify a mall employee that you fell as soon as possible. Be sure to write down that person’s contact information, name, and position at the store where he or she works.
    • Take pictures of what caused you to fall with your cell phone. Your Boston slip and fall lawyer can use those images as evidence when making your case.
    • Contact mall security and file an accident report. Don’t leave the mall without reporting the accident. The mall will likely require proof that the accident happened on its premises and not somewhere else.
  2. What do I do if I slip and fall on snow or ice?
    If you slip and fall on snow or ice on someone else’s property, report your accident to the property owner immediately. It’s also important to document where you fell and what caused you to fall by taking pictures or video of the accident scene. Other documentation, such as the weather conditions on the day of the accident, can help you build a strong case. Depending on where you fell, there may be time limits on how long you have to provide notice of your accident. Contact a slip and fall lawyer in Boston today if you’ve been injured on someone else’s property. Jason Stone Injury Lawyers is here to help you get the money you’re owed for your accident.
  3. Can I get money for a slip and fall accident that happened a few years ago?
    In Massachusetts, you have three years from the date of your slip and fall accident to file a lawsuit. If you were younger than age 18 when you were injured, you have three years from the day of your 18th birthday to file a legal claim. These time limits are known as statutes of limitations. If you don’t take legal action within these time limits, you may lose your rights to compensation.
  4. What are some common injuries associated with slip and fall accidents?
    Slip and fall accidents can cause a variety of severe and life-altering injuries, such as:

    • Broken bones
    • Muscle and tendon tears
    • Neck injuries
    • Severe muscle and tendon sprains
    • Spinal injuries
    • Traumatic brain injuries

    If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, seek medical treatment for your injuries as soon as possible. A doctor’s visit not only helps ensure your injuries don’t get worse, it also provides documentation that can help prove the severity of your injuries to insurance companies.

  5. Do I need to hire a lawyer after a slip and fall?
    Insurance companies hire powerful legal teams to protect their best interests. At Jason Stone Injury Lawyers, we’re here to fight for you—not corporate profits. We’ll gather the medical records, photographic evidence, and expert witness testimony necessary to help build a strong case against the insurance company and the negligent landowner. Contact us today if you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident. Fill out our free and easy form or call (800) 577-5188 to get the legal help you need, today.
  6. Who is responsible for my slip and fall accident?Every slip and fall accident is different. Depending on the facts of your claim, parties responsible for your accident may include:
    • contractors,
    • leasing companies,
    • local governments,
    • property owners,
    • and others.

    The experienced legal professionals at Jason Stone Injury Lawyers can investigate your accident and gather the evidence necessary to help ensure the proper parties are held accountable for their negligence.