Nursing Home Abuse
The population of Americans over age 65 is expected to increase to nearly 72.1 million in 2030, and more families than ever are entrusting nursing homes with the care of their loved ones. But lack of funding, careless staff, and dangerous living conditions can put residents’ rights to dignity, safety, and cleanliness at risk, and reports of nursing home abuse or neglect are common.
If you believe your loved one was, or still is, the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, Jason Stone Injury Lawyers wants to help. Our Boston nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers can investigate your claim, stand up for your family, and help give you the peace of mind needed to address your personal needs. Let us fight to get you compensation for everything you and your family are going through. Contact our 24/7 legal today—just dial (800) 577-5188 or complete a free initial consultation form.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Intimidation, medical conditions, and distance from family members are several of the factors that can prevent long-term care residents from reporting abuse. If your loved one is in a nursing home or care facility, we suggest watching for the following signs of abuse:
- Bruises suggesting the use of physical restraints
- Damaged or missing personal items
- Fleas, lice, mold, mildew, or dirt on your loved one or within the facility
- Odors of urine or feces
- Open wounds, cuts, bruises, or welts
- Pale complexion
- Poor hygiene
- Signs of dehydration
- Torn clothing
- Unexplained weight loss
- Untreated health problems or injuries
Along with symptoms suggesting abuse, you should also be on the lookout for evidence of careless or negligent nursing home staff, such as:
- Improper heating or cooling in your loved one’s living areas
- Refusal to allow visitation to your loved one
- Inability to explain injuries or changes in your loved one’s condition
- Lack of supervision or allowing your loved one to wander off the premises
- Unexplained changes to your loved one’s medication
At Jason Stone, our Boston nursing home neglect and abuse lawyers will fight to hold the people responsible for your loved one’s abuse accountable, so you can focus on your family.
Protecting Your Loved One’s Rights
We understand that the discovery of nursing home abuse or neglect can have devastating effects on families, and we’re here to help you through this difficult time. With our Stone Cold Guarantee®, you can be sure you’re getting the high quality legal representation your family deserves. So don’t wait—contact Jason Stone today to see how we can protect your loved one’s rights.